Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jim Yanik

Default Circuit board repair glue that can stand soldering temperature?

"James F. Mayer" wrote in
ink.net:

"larry moe 'n curly" wrote in message
oups.com...
Is there some kind of glue that can bond copper to fiberglass and
withstand the heat of a soldering iron? I have to glue some copper
strips to a board and can't just draw new traces with a silver ink
pen (really I can't, so don't suggest it or ask why). I've tried
slow and fast cure epoxies, super glue, and JB Weld, but all of them
melt almost instantly when I touch the soldering tip to them. The JB
Weld lasts slightly longer, so there must be some kind of epoxy that
will work.

Exactly what glue (brand & part no. would be nice) do companies that
do fancy circuit board repairs use? I mean repairs like rebuilding
areas that have been chomped off completely.

Yes. Loctite 608 Hysol used to be called Epoxi-Patch available
from
Wassco. It was used at Raytheon on government boards and at Jabil
Circuit.

I still have a box of clear 608 Epoxy-Patch that I used at TEK,but it's
labelled Dexter Corp,Seabrook,NH. It has a 3 minute setting time,sometimes
even quicker. The box says 1 min to mix,2 mins to use(for best results).
It's probably outdated by now.
I would not expect it to hold down copper traces before soldering,though.

I suspect Locktite bought the Dexter Corp?

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik