Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jim Yanik

Default Circuit board repair glue that can stand soldering temperature?

Lawrence wrote in
:

Oops, that's right too. I forgot to mention the eyelets and funlets
for the new solder pads. Thanks for the reminder.

Cheers,
Lawrence

Jim Yanik wrote:

I used to fill in holes from burned components(while at TEK) with
epoxy,Dremel them flat and level,drill lead holes,and then used an
eyelet kit to hold down the new traces at the solder pads.
After soldering in the new part,I would use clear nailpolish to coat
the new PCB traces if necessary.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Our field office had a Pace(IIRC) device that would set (and weld,if
desired) the eyelets on a PCB,it was handy and easier to use than
handholding an eyelet punch and anvil.
The device was U-shaped,and had collets for holding the conical punches for
setting eyelets,one fixed,and one that would screw in to set the
eyelet.There was a hi-current transformer in the base for the welding
current,connected to the collets by heavy copper braids.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik