Posted to sci.electronics.repair
William R. Walsh

Default Radiators adversely affecting CRTs?

Hi!

Now, with that power comment you may just have hit the nail on the
head..everything in this room and I mean -everything- runs from a
single outlet, since this house is quite old they didn't really need
more than 1 outlet when it was built..

Define "everything"...how many and what kind of devices run from this
outlet?

It sounds overloaded to me...especially if your home is quite old. If the
wiring in your home is in otherwise good shape, you might consider expanding
the wiring and number of circuits you have. Be careful not to overload the
capacity of the electrical system.

If the wiring is not in such good shape, you might look into renovating it
or upgrading the system entirely. Old wiring can be perfectly serviceable,
but sometimes it needs a little help, especially after many years of
service.

In any case, you should do something. Electrical fires are not fun.

As for the heat output on the
radiator it's not very hot in the day its an "Economy 7" storage
heater, turns on between 1 am and 7am and slowly releases heat
throughout the day.

Hmmm...still not sure what kind it is, but I'd be surprised if the heat
coming from it was the problem. If it is electrical, then it could be
overloading something.

William