Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Craftsman Table Saw acceptable?

How about building a crosscut sled for it? Maybe even a miter sled.
Just because it is a benchtop saw doesn't mean you can't make a lot of
things with it. The "Little Shop That Could" project in Popular
Woodworking used a Skil benchtop saw and they built a dozen nice
projects with it. They upgraded to a contractor's saw with the "Little
Shop Mark II" when the budget was bigger.

If money is tight I always say try to make do with what you have
instead of giving up and waiting for something better. I can't tell
you how many things I joyfully made as a teenager and young adult with
a Hersh saw table (a circular saw mounted underneath).

Mike