Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,sci.engr.joining.welding
tomcas

Default protecting exposed threads on torches?

Grant Erwin wrote:
I know about caplugs.com - their minimum order is like 5000 pieces!! YOW!!

GWE

Never_Enough_Tools wrote:

"Lloyd E. Sponenburgh" wrote in message

"Grant Erwin" wrote in message

Most torches I've owned have 9/16-18 threads for connection to the
welding hose (RH for oxygen, LH for fuel). I recently bought a used
torch which had little red plastic caps over the exposed 9/16"
threads. I thought that was a great idea, protecting the threads.
Anyone know where I can buy these little plastic caps designed to
fit over torch threads?

GWE
Seattle area

They're called "CapPlugs" in one brand name. They're commonly
available in small quanitites from most plastics distributors who
supply bulk plastic bags, shrink wrap, etc.

They're available in nominal o.d. and nominal i.d. shapes to fit
almost any male or female fitting you can imagine -- all the way from
1/8" i.d. to 10" .

LLoyd

LLoyd get a star for the Day...... www.caplugs.com is the place !!!

Caplug is the easiest place to get samples from. They will drop a few in
the mail for free, just ask. You can even email a request. Mcmaster
carries some and even Lowes and Home Depot (cough, cough, blow%&**^) has
some.