Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,sci.engr.joining.welding
BILL MARRS

Default protecting exposed threads on torches?

Anyplace that does builds anything using hydraulic valves and components
generates a pile of them. They come in EVERYTHING--pumps, valves,
cylinders, etc. Isn't there a Spenser
fluid power in your neck of the woods?

Plan #2--Go to the welding store and buy a set of left and right brass nuts
for welding hose.
get a couple of stems, connect with a short piece of chain or cable. More
spendy up
front, but will last several lifetimes.

"Grant Erwin" wrote in message
Most torches I've owned have 9/16-18 threads for connection to the welding
hose (RH for oxygen, LH for fuel). I recently bought a used torch which
had little red plastic caps over the exposed 9/16" threads. I thought that
was a great idea, protecting the threads. Anyone know where I can buy
these little plastic caps designed to fit over torch threads?