Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,sci.engr.joining.welding
Brent Philion

Default protecting exposed threads on torches?

Grant Erwin wrote:
Most torches I've owned have 9/16-18 threads for connection to the
welding hose (RH for oxygen, LH for fuel). I recently bought a used
torch which had little red plastic caps over the exposed 9/16" threads.
I thought that was a great idea, protecting the threads. Anyone know
where I can buy these little plastic caps designed to fit over torch
threads?

GWE
Seattle area

Heat Shrink tubing in any size between 5/8ths and 1"
shrink to fit loosely around the end as opposed to fitting it tightly