Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,sci.engr.joining.welding
Grant Erwin

Default protecting exposed threads on torches?

I know about caplugs.com - their minimum order is like 5000 pieces!! YOW!!

GWE

Never_Enough_Tools wrote:

"Lloyd E. Sponenburgh" wrote in message

"Grant Erwin" wrote in message

Most torches I've owned have 9/16-18 threads for connection to the
welding hose (RH for oxygen, LH for fuel). I recently bought a used torch
which had little red plastic caps over the exposed 9/16" threads. I
thought that was a great idea, protecting the threads. Anyone know where
I can buy these little plastic caps designed to fit over torch threads?

GWE
Seattle area

They're called "CapPlugs" in one brand name. They're commonly available
in small quanitites from most plastics distributors who supply bulk
plastic bags, shrink wrap, etc.

They're available in nominal o.d. and nominal i.d. shapes to fit almost
any male or female fitting you can imagine -- all the way from 1/8" i.d.
to 10" .

LLoyd

LLoyd get a star for the Day...... www.caplugs.com is the place !!!