Posted to alt.home.repair
Slim Bastard

Default Gas Meter Calibration ?

My 'neighbor' works for consumers gas. He waits for the normally
schedualled reading and as soon as the guy has left the driveway, he unbolts
the meter and put it back on backwards. I have actually seen the meter run
in reverse and yes, they do refund you.
"Bob" wrote in message
Gas pressure usually don't change much unless you get dirt in the valve. A
slight variation won't change performance much. I never heard of anyone
calling them just to have the calibration checked. I'm pretty sure they'd
charge you unless you have a service contract that covers it.

"Robert11" wrote in message
Hello:

With natural gas for home heating being so expensive now, was wondering a
bit about the calibration
of our gas meter.

a. How well do these things hold calibration ?

b. If they do "drift" some, is there a recognized tendency for them to

show
more or less usage ?

c. What's a good rule of thumb regarding how often to request the gas
company to re-calibrate them ? Do they have to honor your request (by

Law)
?

Thanks,
Bob