Posted to alt.home.repair
grodenhiATgmailDOTcom

Default replacing older electrical outlets

I was planning on pulling 1 of the outlets this evening and checking to
see what I had to work with. I only bought the house about a year ago
and I'm unfamiliar with the complete history of the outlets (ie I don't
know their age). I do know the house was build in '54 (in RI) (and
assume the outlets are original) and the 2 prong outlets are the
polarized ones (one prong is bigger than the other). I'm told this
this COULD mean there is a chance of a ground being there.