Posted to alt.home.repair
Speedy Jim

Default New siding/insulation question

Bill wrote:
I live in the Detroit area in a typical colonial house. I currently have
old aluminum siding on my house from the late 60's and to my knowledge, no
insulation under it. There is just an old tar paper under the siding.

I am soon getting new vinyl siding which also comes with a Tyvek wrap &
insulation.

Will I be able to experience any benefits from this additional insulation?
Will I experience a decrease in my heating bill, or will it not be that
obvious? Just wondering how much of an impact it makes since I am paying
for it.

Find out if the wall spaces are insulated or not.
If not, you have a golden opportunity to blow in
insulation before the new siding goes up.

You will get a lot more insulation value by doing the
wall space than the siding will provide.

Jim