Posted to alt.home.repair
udarrell

Default 60 Amp- Service 1937 Two Story Home - Rewire it?

My 1937 two story home only has 60 amp service. The wiring to the lights
and outlet receptacles is all two wire, no ground.
Electric water heater and electric range plus two window A/Cs but it
handles all the loads okay

The Main and Range fuses are all 60 amp. I need to take the cover off
and see if the water heater and range are on the Range circuit.
If it is wired that way it would provide a total of 120 Amps through
those two circuits and 60 amp fuses.

I need to total the amps with water heater and all elements of the range
drawing current.

One large and one small surface element are burned out and I don't need
them, so did not replace them.
Would you have the entire house rewired with 200 Amp Service? - udarrell

--
The Money Saving Free Satellite TV Gift Offer of a Life-Time. Don't miss this opportunity for you and all your friends, - they will be forever Grateful. My life's mission: saving you and your friends a lot of money in every possible way.

http://www.udarrell.com/free_dish_di...ellite_tv.html

http://www.udarrell.com/proper_cfm_b...syste ms.html