Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
mac davis

Default Turning flutes

I was at a local turning club meeting and the lady sitting next to me said that
besides pens, she liked to turn flutes...
I just figured that she meant a variation of goblets or something, until she
added that they were "native American" style...

It seems that she and her husband make musical type flutes, starting with square
stock that they route down the middle in a 1/2 round and then glue together and
turn.. she said it was more accurate than drilling a hole that long on the
lathe, unless you were set up to make rifle barrels.. *g*

I find it SO interesting that we make so many different things, in so many
different ways, by spinning wood and touching tools to it..
Mac