Posted to rec.woodworking
Jim

Default Craftsman Table Saw acceptable?

"dnoyeB" wrote in message
I have a craftsman bench top style table saw. I have used the miter slide
thingy to cut a few angles. It worked acceptably. My question is though
how accurate is this thing supposed to be?

When the slider is in the slot there is a lot of play in it. I think
about 1/8-1/4" play. Is this normal? Am I supposed to find accuracy in
my technique as opposed to my tools?

1/8 to 1/4 play is not acceptable to me. A saw with that much play is
dangerous.
Jim

--
Thank you,

man's wisdom [is] despised, and his words are not heard." Ecclesiastes
9:16