Posted to rec.woodworking
Dick Snyder

Default Question on fitting 1/8" solid oak trim to oak plywood

No need to be sarcastic Mike. Of course a chisel will cut but not likely at
a perfect 45 degree angle.

"mike hide" wrote in message

"Dick Snyder" wrote in message
I am making a stand alone kitchen pantry for my daughter and son-in-law
out of oak plywood. I plan to dress the visible edges with strips of 1/8"
solid oak. For those of you who have done this before, do you butt the oak
trim at the corners or do you miter it? If you miter it, what do you make
the cuts with? I have a hand miter box but the saw is still too coarse to
cut something that thin. I guess I could make a 45 degree cut on a wide
board and then cut off the 1/8" strips if it is worth the trouble because
mitered corners look that much better than butting the edges. What do you
think?

TIA.

Dick Snyder

There is a special tool called a knife or an even more specialized tool
called a chisel....