Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Mike Berger

Default bad bandsaw blade????????

Did you use the exact size, width, and thickness of blade specified?

Derstine wrote:
I bought an old craftsman metal cutting band at a auction. Sears calls it
a continuous hacksaw. It has no ability to adjust the top wheel, just
tension. but the blade doesn't run off. I used it for a while until the
blade got dull. I replaced it with one from Enco and for some reason it
won't stay on for more than 2 seconds. I remounted the top wheel with
something that allows a little adjustment of the top wheel , didn't make a
differnece. Is it possible that some blade just don't run very true. I'm
sort of stuck, fresh out of ideas.

Jerry in Souderton Pa.