Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
John Martin

Default Lubrication Cocktails? Marvel Mystery Oil?

Tom Wait wrote:
"tomcas" wrote in message
Has anyone heard of/used Marvel Mystery Oil? Any opinions?

A freind of mine added a half pint or so with every tankful of gas in his
180 hp Cessna Cardinal. When he pulled the jugs at 2500 hrs. the cylinders,
rings and pistons showed virtually no wear. It's good stuff.

I use it too, in a tractor. Plus some Sea Foam or Stabil to keep the
gas fresh in the tank. And a lead substitute, for the valves. In the
winter, some Dry Gas to dissolve any condensing water.

Good thing it's not a two stroke, 'cause if I had to add oil too there
might not be enough gas in the mix to run the damn thing!

John Martin