Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,sci.engr.joining.welding
JR North

Default protecting exposed threads on torches?

Auto repair shops usually have loads of them; they come on replacement
parts and are kept for various uses around the shop. Buddy up to someone
at one and see.
JR
Dweller in the cellar
Grant Erwin wrote:

Most torches I've owned have 9/16-18 threads for connection to the
welding hose (RH for oxygen, LH for fuel). I recently bought a used
torch which had little red plastic caps over the exposed 9/16" threads.
I thought that was a great idea, protecting the threads. Anyone know
where I can buy these little plastic caps designed to fit over torch
threads?

GWE
Seattle area

Dependence is Vulnerability: