Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,sci.engr.joining.welding
John Martin

Default protecting exposed threads on torches?

Grant Erwin wrote:
Most torches I've owned have 9/16-18 threads for connection to the welding hose
(RH for oxygen, LH for fuel). I recently bought a used torch which had little
red plastic caps over the exposed 9/16" threads. I thought that was a great
idea, protecting the threads. Anyone know where I can buy these little plastic
caps designed to fit over torch threads?

GWE
Seattle area

At the risk of being too obvious, I'd check my local welding supplier
first.

When I get a 10 cu ft acetylene tank filled, it comes with a "CAPLUG
EC-10" on it. I measured it, and it's 5/8". So maybe the "EC-10"
stands for something like "external cap - 10/16". You might want an
EC-9.....but that's just a guess.

Anyway, I'd say it's a fair bet that the welding gas supplier may have
other sizes.

John Martin