Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Dave Lyon

Default Way off topic question

"B.B." u wrote in message
news
But there are some magnificently opinionated people in this group, so
I wanted to ask here.
I decided to join the army. I don't want to go into a long
description of why and why now, so just accept for the purposes of this
question that the decision has been made.
Here's the thing: I was opposed to this war before it started and
grow more disgusted with it daily. And I have no respect whatsoever for
George Bush. In your opinions, do you think it'll be possible to
separate that from work in the military? I'll be entering as a
mechanic, not as a fighter, and I plan to do my job--not make some silly
political statement by disrupting the military.
I have until Tuesday afternoon to chicken out.

I wonder where the largest need for military mechanics is right now?

You have no business in the army right now. It will simply breed more
contempt for what's going on. Everything you do will be an effort to help
the man you can't stand (Pres. Bush) and a war that you think is disgusting.
You have the right to stay home, and not die for what you don't believe in.

Maybe you should consider the coast guard?