Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,sci.engr.joining.welding
Tom Gardner

Default protecting exposed threads on torches?

Go to your nearest tatoo joint and get some ink cups, they buy these by the
thousands.

"Grant Erwin" wrote in message
Most torches I've owned have 9/16-18 threads for connection to the welding
hose (RH for oxygen, LH for fuel). I recently bought a used torch which
had little red plastic caps over the exposed 9/16" threads. I thought that
was a great idea, protecting the threads. Anyone know where I can buy
these little plastic caps designed to fit over torch threads?

GWE
Seattle area