cej

Default telescopic tubing

"Vittorio" wrote in message
om...
I'm in the early stages of designing a piece of furniture that has a
single column suspened from the ceiling. It must adjust vertically
carry ~100 #'s ecentrically and have as little play as possible and be
inexpensive to make. I'm thinking of using 2.5" x 2.5" x .125" square
tube female & 2" x 2" x .125" male. My local steel providers don't
provide anything with closer tolerances how do i take up the slack. I
remember seeing a piece of weight lifting equipment use a kind of
teflon tape as a type of anti friction / shim. Any ideas would be
appreciated. www.ironworkx.com

Teflon tape:
http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/pro...Teflon%AE+Tape