Posted to uk.d-i-y
Adrian C

Default Anti foq safety glasses

Mark wrote:
On Mon, 30 Jan 2006 15:15:09 +0000, Mark wrote:

Hi,

After getting something in my eye at the weekend I really must get
some more safety glasses. I have several different types of glasses
already but I always give up wearing them after about 30 seconds
because they fog up so badly I can see virtually nothing.

I forgot to mention that they must go over prescription specs.

That's probably where the problem lies. Having goggles that fit over
your normal glasses, means that they not only cover over the glasses but
now because they are a further distance from your face, they have to
cover an larger area above and below (for safety). Warm air expelled
from your nose is what's fogging up the lenses, as it is trapped inside
this gigantic shell.

I had exactly this problem using the freebie ones supplied with a garden
strimmer, then I remembered the whereabouts of a prescribed pair I had
made for me years ago for work. Compared to standard 'fashion' glasses,
these were very much cheaper (£30) - in fact I almose felt like buying
these, removing the side guards and wearing them for everyday use.

I wonder, with a current prescription - you might find a cheap (US/HK?)
supply on the net? or maybe you could attach some cardboard ducting for
your nose? (post a picture if you do!)

:-)

--
Adrian C