Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Ancient_Hacker

Default 8640b issues

Oh I forgot a few shaky things: The power transformer, the power
diodes, the Pc board they horridly mounted the power transformer ON,
the many dipped-tantalum capacitors that tend to short out on the
hidden motherboard and modulation boards, the board handles that crack
off, the unobtainable power output IC's hidden under a ton of
allen-head bolts, the modulation meters that stick or fail, the
gold-plated slide switches that switch all the lc filters, under a ton
of screws, the u-joints and flexible couplings that break, the
often-charred output attenuator that is almost unrepairable. I could
go on but I think you get the idea.