Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Fawthrop

Default Floorboard removing

On Mon, 30 Jan 2006 15:09:51 -0000, "Vass"
wrote:

|I'm using a circular saw, set almost to break through so as not to hit any
|pipes
|cutting each end of the board, over a joist (avioding the nails)
|but I end up smashing the tounge or groove to smithers when pulling the
|board out
|what be the wisdom of removing tounge and groove floorboards?

Put the saw through at least one tongue and groove, you *may* be able to
get the rest out by moving the rest of the boards sideways. Depends on
the nailing pattern and weather you can get the nails out.
--
Dave Fawthrop dave hyphenologist co uk Please quote, with quote
character, previous post sniped to only the bit you are replying to.