Posted to uk.d-i-y
.

Default kitchen worktop

Roger Mills (aka Set Square) wrote:
. [email protected] wrote:

Roger Mills (aka Set Square) wrote:

As above, but use a fine sharp TCT blade (buy a new one if
necessary) and start at the front edge. Set the depth of cut only
slightly more than the worktop thickness. Clamp a strip on timber
parallel with the cut line, at an appropriate distance from it, to
guide the saw.

as above or use a /high quality/ jigsaw with a downcut blade. this
method worked a treat for me as I was unable to trun the worktops
over when
I'd done the cut because the worktops are 3.6m long and therefore
heavy *and* unweildy. one has a standard sink cut out and the other a
900mm hole for the 6 burner stainless hob.

I suspect we're talking about 2 different sorts of cut.

you're probably right :-)