Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave

Default kitchen worktop

"Cuprager" wrote in message
What is the best method of cutting kitchen worktop to give a nice
straight edge? I have a hand held circular saw and a jigsaw, the
circular has a bit of an aggressive blade however. Would you cut on the
top or the bottom and would you put masking tape over the line to be
cut? I presume it would be best to clamp a straight edge for whatever
method is chosen?

TIA

Use the circular saw. Cut with the worktop face down so that the teeth of
the blade are cutting up into the laminate surface.

I did this yesterday and it worked quite well - no masking tape used.