Posted to alt.home.repair
George E. Cawthon

Default American Standard Champion Toilet- Metering water level in bowl

Vince wrote:
On Sun, 29 Jan 2006 22:32:17 GMT, "George E. Cawthon"
wrote:

Vince wrote:

What component, if any, is used to adjust the amount of water that is
routed to the bowl ?

It seems that the water level is not consistent; sometimes too little
to avoid skid marks.

Which do you mean, the amount that is flushed, or
the height of the water in the bowl after the flush?

I mean the height of the water in the bowl after the flush.

About two-thirds of the amount of water in the tank is discharged
during each flush action, but sometimes the water level after the
flush is (seemingly) very low.

I'm not familiar with any commode that has no
ballcock, but I believe the little tube should
lead to the central tube (at least it does in
other commodes).