Posted to alt.home.repair
Tekkie®

Default A/C contractor quotes - need to evaluate

kck posted for all of us...
I don't top post - see either inline or at bottom.

Madhatter, it is correct that the home had (and still does) a 2-ton
unit for the lower (main) level at the time of construction. At the
time of and just prior to purchase, a fifth 8" duct was installed at my
request, and I was way more ignorant then than I am now. The builder
did not point out the downfall of such a plan; he wanted to unload the
house.
As I mentioned in the earlier thread, I have never been happy with the
cooling. Call me an idiot, I then added a basement and another 8" duct.

So, it appears that 2.5 is definitely called for, and perhaps 3, given
the two additional demands on the original unit as explained above.
Thoughts, anyone?

Yes, get the Manual J
--
My boss said I was dumb and apathetic.