Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Leonard Caillouet

Default Mitsubishi WT42313 no power

wrote in message
oups.com...
The customer said that for the last few weeks the set would not turn
off. Then after a recent power surge (he thinks), the set will no
longer power on. There is no light on the front panel or relay clicks
when trying to start. The only clue if at all is a slight disturbance
or dimming I can see momentarily in the overhead shop lights which
seems like a normal initial load upon plugging the set in cold. So its
not completely dead I guess. Fuses all check good and there are no
obvious shorts around the HOT. I have no documentation on this set and
I was wondering if anyone knows of any common problems with these or at
least if someone could please point me in the right direction to
troubleshoot this thing it would be most sincerely appreciated. Lenny
Stein, Barlen Electronics.

Sounds like a bad switching controller, maybe reset or standby regulator.
I'd start by troubleshooting the SMPS.

Leonard