Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Radiators adversely affecting CRTs?

OK so I've only just started to put this together..

About a year ago my TV (28" Sony Trinitron) started to lose picture
completely every 5-20 seconds when displaying bright images, so I
thought right, it's quite old (1997 ish?) so maybe it's just on the way
out. Thought nothing of it other than "I need to buy a new TV"

2 weeks ago I rearranged this room, and now my computer monitor (22"
Sun Microsystems X7149A CRT) is about 2 feet away from where the TV is.
Today I've noticed the EXACT same symptons my TV started exhibiting
about a year ago, although a lot less frequent. The screen loses
picture (just goes black) for about half a second, approximately once
an hour. Which is how the TV started off, and got worse kinda fast.

Now, I thought maybe it's because I have hi-fi speakers both by the TV
and my monitor. (Magnetism) But then I thought it can't be that because
I've had hi-fi speakers next to my monitor (this one and my previous
one) for about 7 years. So I thought about the other common
factors..the only thing I can think of is there's a radiator in this
corner of the room, which the monitor and TV are equal distance from
(about 1.5 feet) Does heat have this sort of effect on CRTs? I'd kinda
like this screen not to die the death that my TV is undergoing..

Any ideas? Even better any ideas how to FIX my TV? lol (that's probably
hoping for too much :P)