Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Richard Lamb

Default math and metalworking

mj wrote:

Guys,
Thanks for all the advice. After reading through all of this and it was
VERY interesting reading BTW, I am probably going to take algebra again
since it has been quite awhile since I've done anything with algebra.
It appears that having a good background in algebra would help me later
if I decide I want to take geo or trig. At least that is the feeling I
am getting after reading all of this and some of the little research
that I did on the Internet.

I need to contact my advisor at school and make sure an algebra course
would fit the criteria for the degree.

Mike

It will. Almost always.

The school will also likely offer a placement exam.
Go ahead and take it.
You may do better than you think.
If not, you will know what to work on.

Richard