Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress

Default paradigm shift wi/o a clutch was OT - "Out, damned spot! Out, I say!"

"Joseph Gwinn" wrote in message

Very interesting stuff, Joe. I'll have to keep that in mind.

Thanks. Another book you might find interesting is "Ancient Law", Sir
Henry Sumner Maine, Dorset Press, 1986. First published in 1861. Can
be a bit of a slog, but has lots on the ancient law regarding slaves and
slavery. The Roman law was pretty complex in this area.

It sounds like a great slice of history to study seriously, one that I wish
I had time for. Sometimes I get around to these things years after they come
up, when I'm finished with something else and can move on.

What I'll remember is the impression from this discussion that it's
something I should look into. Thanks, Joe.

--
Ed Huntress