Posted to alt.home.repair
EXT

Default Is $100 per hour the going rate for engineers these days?

Yeah, had a lawyer once and we asked for a detail listing of the time he had
worked for us, and found that he had charged us for his sales pitch which
was before we decided to hire him.

"George" wrote in message
Colbyt wrote:

This is just an opinion. The rate sounds like a fair one for a licensed
professional. Provided he is actually and actively working on your

project
for the time billed.

The open ended nature of the contract would bother me. It would also be

good idea to discuss what constitutes billable time. If he is thinking
about your project as he drives home are you billed for the time? Don't
laugh I know lawyers who do it this way.

Colbyt

With a lot of lawyers they don't even have to be thinking about you to
bill you for their time...