Posted to alt.home.repair
jsework

Default Removing 1990 Kenmore over the range microwave

The previous owner of my house installed a 1990 Kenmore over the range
microwave (model 721.8965580). Based on the model code I know that
Goldstar manufactured it.

I don't have the installation instructions but based upon web searches
and my own investigation I know it is definitely attached to a wall
mounted bracket. I am trying to remove the oven and bracket in order
to install a new microwave. There are only two bolts providing support
through the upper cabinets. I have removed those and folded the lower
tabs down on the wall bracket. Even after doing all this I can't get
the oven to break loose from the wall bracket.

In the meantime I replaced the bolts.

The oven was installed as non-vented, ductless.

Has anyone removed a similar microwave? Are there upper bracket tabs or
something else still holding onto the oven? Does anyone have other
ideas?

Thanks for any help,