Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert11

Default From OP To Bob Bob et al: Direct Burial Of Coax Wire ?

Hi, Bob:

Yup, been scrounging for information.
Just getting back into my sw listening hobby after my retirement.
Now have more time for it, as well as driving the wife crazy.

For a newbie like me, these forums have been an incredible source of really
good suggestions, thanks to folks like you.
I really and truly appreciate all the time so many of you have taken to help
me out.

They are admittedly pretty basic type questions, but hard to find answers by
just doing a Google on them.

Some info there, of course, but the Newsgroups certainly supplement the
Google searches very well, and in many
respects much better as there is more focus.

Part of my problem has been that my questions are, often, so very basic in
nature.

Interesting, though, that there is (so) often disagreement, so perhaps there
is some general-learning for all going on too. Hope so.

Much thanks, and best regards,
Bob

-------------------
"Bob Bob" wrote in message
See you everywhere Bob!

Generally speaking it wont last 10 years being buried on its own. Water
ingress is the killer. Unless you run a transmitter though you may not
even notice it for several years.

How long it lasts depends on many things like soil moisture, acidity and
even seismic activity!

I'll make some other comments on antennas in the other NG.

Cheers Bob

Robert11 wrote:
Can anyone offer an opinion on how well a good quality name brand coax
(going from house to a simple receive-only shortwave antenna in backyard)
will "typically" last if buried ?