Posted to rec.woodworking
cm

Default Glue recommendation

I agree with JT.

Regular wood glue will be more than adequate.

cm

"W Canaday" wrote in message
news
I have been asked to make a cane for an elderly friend. I intend to use
some wood scrounged from pallets that came from Brazil. The stuff is pink,
finely grained and downright stubborn about surrendering nails! It's tough
... I never break it, but I often pull the nail heads right through the
planks nailed to it.

I just wish I knew what its name is.

However, that's not the point of this posting. What I am really bugging
you guys for is some glue advice.

I plan to make this cane by ripping 4 pieces lengthwise, gluing them to
best show the grain and then turning it on my lathe.

This is not an oily wood. What sort of adhesive do you recommend?

I am leaning toward either a polyurethane, rubberized superglue or 30
minute epoxy.

What say you?

Bill