Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon

Default How good is duramax exterior paint?

wrote in message
oups.com...
Duramax Exterior paint professes that primer is not needed. Is this
true? Do you suppose it would work better with a primer? It claims to
absorb into tiny fractures in the wood and basically smooths them out
leaving the serface flush smooth. My concern is the type of wood used
on my house doesn't hold paint well as it has it's own oils. I'm
wondering how well it'll work with Duramax. There's supposedly a
lifetime guarantee - whatever that means.

Do not rule out Sears Weather Life Time warranty polyurethane paint. It has
similar characteristics. I have use it on numerous occasions and am very
impressed with its coverage and ability to go over dirty, moldy and chalky
paint areas.
IIRC Sherwin Williams has the same paint under their own name. Actually
they make it for Sears.