Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
jim rozen

Default Surprises about electrical conductivity

In article , Robert Swinney
says...

True. But I was describing long haul transmission lines on cross arms of
wood poles. The only ones I was familiar with from AT&T and RR experience
were #9 hard drawn copper. I think that was used most all over the U.S. for
open wire.

That stuff makes great ham radio antennas. Err, so I've *heard*.

I think you are referring to what was generally called "parallel".

That's copperweld wire, not plated. It's drawn down from billet
with the same steel/copper cross section to start.

Jim

please reply to: