Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Siggy

Default Chip Foose' latest car: Impression

So I guess the thousands of people who have seen this thing in person at
several different car shows are dreaming? The many dozens of journalists who
have written stories on this car are all liars? The judges at the Detroit
Autorama that awarded it the Best of Show are nothing but hacks?

Come on, guys. At least Google the darned thing and see the hundreds of
hits and many dozens of photos of this car before trying to convince us that
it exists only in a graphic artist's computer...

"Mark Jones" wrote in message
news

I'm quite experienced with computer graphics and rendered images. While it
might be feasible to design something this perfect, I just don't see it
happening. And you have to consider the functionality of the finished
product -
the engine looks too "imagined" rather than functional. It is easy to make
an
engine look like that with smoothed polygons. But where is the
distributor? The
carburettor? The air cleaner? Why is the firewall "perfect?" No wires? No
hoses?
No steering rack? Does the engine run on zero-point vacuum energy?

People in the computer graphics business have an affinity towards
modelling
cars - getting the curves just right, making the clear/basecoat look real,
designing all those little parts. Here's a comparison. These are just a
few of
thousands of samples available on the net:
http://www.turbosquid.com/FullPrevie....cfm/ID/249122 (the black ones
look
especially nice.) Or if you need a "car pack":
http://www.turbosquid.com/FullPrevie....cfm/ID/273218 Or if you want
learn how to model your own car, any car:
http://www.evermotion.org/tutorials/..._modeling_max/