Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Kelly Jones

Default Excitement at the old homestead

Ken Sterling (Ken Sterling) wrote in message
I'm a snowbird. When I head south, my son moves back home to watch
things -
free rent, food, exclusive use of the shop, etc.

Last year he called me up and explained how he was REALLY sick. I told
him
to get to the Doc right away. Long story short, after three hospitals and
two surgeries we got him back home healthy. I made him promise not to
threaten to die when we made our trip south this year.

Anyway, Friday night, he called me in a total panic. His car was on fire
in
the garage. The fire extinguisher didn't put it out. He asked what to do.
told him "call the fire department first, then get two more extinguishers
from the sales room. Then, I immediately called the next door neighbor and
said the kid needs your help.

The neighbor and my son got the car pulled away from the house just before
it got real hot. The fire department showed up and got everything put out.
Sounds like there's scorched siding on the house. The car is a total loss.

After everything had settled down, my son and I were talking the whole
event
over. His best quote, "You told me I couldn't threaten to die again, So I
thought I should threaten to burn your house down"

Karl

You need a different housesitter - while you *still* have a house....
Ken.

Good story. Glad everyone is OK.