-

Default Cracked outer double glazing pane

Just returned home to find the outer pane of a double glazed window
damaged by what appears to have been a catapult or air rifle.
(*&^%£&$^!!)

There is a small impact hole and shards of glass have broken away from
the inner surface of the glass leaving an unsightly jagged crater on
the inner surface of the outer pane. There is also a crack running
across the pane but fortunately this is near the top.

I'll have to get a replacement eventually, but is there anything I can
do in the short term? I will at least have to cover the hole somehow
to avoid rain getting into the gap.

The pane still seems to be secure, so I was wondering if there is some
sort of sealant I could use to fill the hole which is the same
refractive index as glass and would make it effectively invisible? As
there is a jagged crater on the inner surface I guess I would have to
figure out some way of applying the filler through the hole onto the
inner surface - but this sounds like it might be a bit impractical.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Steve