Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.woodworking
g.a.miller

Default Cheap 2-pin wood moisture

On Fri, 27 Jan 2006 20:42:18 GMT, Dan_Musicant
wrote:

I'm looking at the following at Harbor Freight:

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...temnumber=2757

It's $20, and I wonder if it's worth the money. My initial purpose for
it is to find leaks in my attic. I just had total roof job done to my
very old house and there's a lot of discolored wood up there and have to
guess if wood is wet or not. I figure the meter might make finding leaks
a lot easier than digging my finger nail into a piece of wood or rubbing
it with my hand.

Also, it might come in handy when trying to determine if wood is moist
or not. For instance, is it ready to prime/paint yet? Might it warp or
check unless allowed to dry further? Maybe picking out lumber at Home
Depot, etc.

Thanks for any information.

Dan

try looging on to handyman.com and compare notes on these
regaeds
anthony

at http://www.TitanNews.com