Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Harold and Susan Vordos

Default Surprises about electrical conductivity

"Jeff Wisnia" wrote in message
snip-------

Jeff (Who remembers visiting that big open pit copper mine in
Coppertown, Utah circa 1955.)

Well, Jeff (Who remembers visiting that big open pit copper mine in
Coppertown, Utah circa 1955.), I've been gone from Utah for ten years now,

but if you were to return to the same mine, you wouldn't recognize it. For
one, do you recall driving through a long tunnel, from Bingham Canyon to
Copperfield, the town on the other side of the tunnel? That's where the
observation point was when you go back far enough in time, for which '55
should qualify.

Not only is the tunnel no longer there, neither is the mountain. It has
all been mined and is now a much larger hole in the ground. It was that
way when I left Utah. I can't imagine what it must look like now.

Bingham Canyon was one of the places that was a complete throwback in time.
Not much changed there, it just slowly died off and was destroyed by the
mine. Narrow street, just barely wide enough for one car to pass another,
I have fond memories of the place.

The town you mentioned, Copperton (not Coppertown), is actually a couple
miles outside of the mining district, and was, for the most part, the
company town. It still exists as far as I know. Everything else is long
gone.

Harold