Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang

Default Is $100 per hour the going rate for engineers these days?

RicodJour wrote:

Tony Hwang wrote:

If a good builder and he thinks he has to consult with a sutructural
enginner or soil engineer, whoever, he will go to them to get the proper
guidance to build properly.

You've got it backwards. You can't get a building permit without
sealed drawings. You can't get bids until you have drawings.

There are design/build firms that will do the whole thing for you, but
not every builder provides that service, nor wants to.

Hi,
How come? I had a plan(blue print) my builder thought he needs
structural engineer's input. He looked at it, revised it. Builder took
out a permit and we had our addition completed. Inspector passed
everything. BTW, I had original blue print for the house as well.