Posted to alt.home.repair
AKA gray asphalt

Default Anybody got a clever ideaq for computer caddy?

"Colbyt" wrote in
message news:RUTBf.756053$xm3.293758@attbi_s21...

"AKA gray asphalt" wrote
in message

Is there anything in the lower box? What is the
advantage of the lower box instead of the upper
box being directly on the casters? Don't you
worry
about the box moving while the hard drives are
spinning ... crash?

The lower box is hollow. If I had wanted to
spend more time on it than I
did, I would have made a single box with the
shelf supported in the middle.
Or just low enough to keep the CPU from getting
knocked off. Like I said
earlier this was a 30 minute knock together out
of scrap material. I planned
to do it better and greater later. Someday I
will. :))

I do not have any casters. I have furniture
glides. If you look closely at
the close up you can see them at the corners.
It doesn't happen often but I
have actually bumped the box a time or two with
my knee. Never had a
problem.

Colbyt

Thanks for the ideas and help. I decided to just
use a piece of plywood with some of those
furniture slides and be really careful when I pull
it out. And put up a 4' power strip up on the
wall. I also used plastic ties to attach some of
the cables to that little tap used to lock your
case. I'm a happy camper until the first time I
have to take them out ... : -)