Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Bruce Lane

Default Tektronix oscilloscope repair tips

In article 9%rCf.1150$Ix.89@trnddc07, (known to
some as James Sweet) scribed...

Jim Lacko wrote:
I have an old Tektronix 3347A 100 mHz scope with an control problem.
Power-up is OK and runs fine for about 5 minutes then all buttons become
inoperative (all lighted buttons go dark) but CRT display is fine.

Anyone know of a website with ideas for this scope?

Thanks!

While I'm not familiar with that series, by the description of the
problem I'd start my search at the power supply.

That's good advice. The second thing I'd do is pull and re-seat
every single socketed IC. You'd be amazed how many problems result from
simple pin oxidation.

Keep the peace(es).

--
Dr. Anton T. Squeegee, Director, Dutch Surrealist Plumbing Institute
(Known to some as Bruce Lane, KC7GR)