Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Kip

Default Vibration Hollowing A Bowl

Not an easy question to answer! The situation is somewhat dependent on
the reason for the vibration. For example, if you are working green
wood, and the vibration arose because of imbalance, probably not.
You'd be adding the "flex" of the thinner shaft and might actually have
a rougher ride. When I run into this kind of a problem, my usual
tactic is to check all the fixings, then try whatever tool I think
might help until I come across something that behaves more to my liking
and stick with it. Probably not textbook, bt it's the best I can
offer: hope it's of some help

Kip Powers
Rogers, AR