Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
John R. Carroll

Default Yet another Democrat, wants to remain ignorant

Glenn Ashmore wrote:
Criminal acts are another matter, you might deter a burgular
or mugger if he or she thought they would be facing an armed victim.
That I
can buy.

But that has nothing to do with a "well regulated militia' does it?

Nothing, in fact, but other than hunting and sport shooting that's about all
guns are good for except personal protection and that falls into the same
category.
It's only my own opinion but I just don't think Americans are ready enough
to pull the trigger on recognized authority figures for there to be much of
a deterrent effect. I can't help but remember the NG troops in all of our
airports right after 9/11. Another terrorist attack right away and they
might even have been allowed to load their weapon.

In any event, our constitution guarantees us all the right to bear arms and
rather than pussy footing around, anyone wanting to change that ought to
make the effort to try and amend the constitution.

--
John R. Carroll
Machining Solution Software, Inc.