Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking,rec.models.rc.air
Paul McIntosh

Default Glues and Their Proper Storage

How long do you leave the glue stored?????

Elmers will last a year or so if capped.
Contact cement should last almost indefinitely if properly capped.

Don'e store either one of these in your fridge!

CA has a definite shelf life if approximately 1 year from date of
manufacture when properly stored. Storage is generally cool or cold
(refrigerator) and away from light. I have had CA last months uncapped in
my garage. If you use accelerators, your shelf life will be less.

--
Paul McIntosh
RC-Bearings.com
"Too_Many_Tools" wrote in message
oups.com...
How do you store your various glues?

With three different glues, I seldom have success.

- Super glue
With super glue, I use it once and when I come back later to use it
again the tube has hardened.
I keep the super glue container with its secured cap in a jar with
dessicant in the refrigerator.

- Contact glue
With contact glue, again I use it once and when I come back later to
use it again the can has solidified. I keep the contact glue with its
secured cap in a sealed ziplock bag in the refrigerator.

- Elmer's woodworking glue
With Elmer's woodworking glue, I notice that if an container is opened
the glue slowly thickens and finally turns into a sold mass within the
the container even if stored at room temperature with the cap securely
tightened.

Any hints as to how to keep glue stored so it doesn't go bad?

Thanks

TMT